Thursday, April 25, 2013

1st blog

Hi,

I'm (finally) starting this blog to get myself to open up about my life and share talents that I myself am just discovering. So it'll be personal, sometimes political, more crafty and filled with family tidbits of fun. Sorry, there's no one word that sums up all that.

I'm 29 for a precious few more days, a mother of two wonderful boys, we'll call them A & M, and wife to the love of my life (cheesy, I know). He's Ali, the man I met while in college, fell head over heals over, married and once graduated, moved to the other side of the state with.

Such is my life that my boys are young enough to cuddle, read to and still enjoy their "firsts." These are some of the best years.

I recently just got my driver's permit, ugh! I know. Why did I wait so long? Legal matters, my friends. President Obama passed the Deferred Action Policy last year, which has undoubtedly changed my life...since I got my approval letter. I can drive! Legally, too. Not to mention a relief from the threat of deportation for 2 years (yes, that's some serious shit). Thanks Mr. President.

You would think that a girl who graduates from college determined to become a journalist, who realizes her legal woes won't allow her to travel, drive or work will now, FINALLY go for it when the government has granted their permission. Well, life is not that simple. Motherhood, it has changed it all.

I find myself missing my kids, feeling guilty even if I think of leaving for the entire day. Thankfully, I've found some middle ground. I work as a Copy Manager at Enrich Ventures (this name will soon change). My hubby owns it, we work from the same office...it's awesome. I manage content for various VOIP companies (not so interesting), have time for blogging, creatively contribute to the design process (more fun), SEO and other goodies.

Oh, I'd like to address why I named this blog's subtitle, "my life as it hits me." Growing up without your papers makes for an unpredictable future, one that can be frustrating and sometimes scary. This is how life has come at me...hitting me with new experiences and countless setbacks. While not everything has been figured out, it's much better now than ever. I am grateful for everything and everyone in my life who have somehow shaped it.

Well, that's it for now. It's a good start.

Thanks for reading!

Urmi

No comments:

Post a Comment